In a New York Minute

I was truly hoping to write a September piece, but wasn't really sure it would happen. The Spring 2020 fashion marathon started yesterday, so I was optimistic, but not entirely convinced. Then I had my first real moment of missing my job in fashion, just a few short hours after I completed the last day of my first month in my new job.

I saw a picture of Kate Middleton, and I knew exactly a designer or two who I could have referred a client to, should someone have been wanting that "look" (and in some cases, even the designer label itself). After seeing the image I felt for the first time in 4 weeks that maybe I made a mistake leaving luxury fashion sales, but instead of letting fear overcome me, I decided to go onto the Saks website and see what was new. As I wrote in a previous piece, there is an excitement in retail where there are many moving parts that work fast, and a little re-arranging even of floor plans or backdrops can lift the mood and foster inspiration, but it doesn't move lightening speed. I know that I can preserve what I have learned, and that my time at the store has come to an end. My exit was wonderful and seamless, and ultimately no, I don't regret leaving.

Rather I imagine making enough money that I can shop at Saks instead of waiting for the few times a year we got exceptional employee discounts which made purchasing a bit more possible. Until then, I appreciate that I can still keep up with the labels and trends, because I have my base knowledge now and ultimately in high fashion, it doesn't vary all that much from season to season. Which is perhaps an article unto itself.

This week in New York, the world watches as beauty once again declares itself and decrees its belonging in a post-recession, politically unsustainable global market, and this year I plan on remaining with it and learning of its evolution as I grow with it and in it. It really is about growth. Being responsible enough to maintain it, and being mature enough to respect the temple which it clothes.

I am so grateful to still have this blog going. One month after fashion and almost two months after the wind beneath my blog are no longer in my life, whether it will ever take the direction I intended, with more research-style writing, I got one more out for one more month! As I have already been learning a bit from articles posted this week about the September shows, I realized all of the designers who I haven't worked with, such as Marc Jacobs and Prada, and I feel excited to learn about them! Bless 👗

Image result for fashion trends art work

Fashion Trends Hunters By Carlos Pardo








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leaving the Baggage Out of the Bag

The Energy of Fashion

How to Dress French